About this Unit
You can get an overview of the Life and Living area of Science by
looking at the concept map on the Big Picture page.
This Unit has three Modules, divided into a number of Activities.
On completion of the Unit you should be able to do the following:
Here is an outline of the three Modules.
- Explain to someone else the characteristics of living things as opposed to non-living and dead things.
- Design, perform, record and discuss an experiment to tell a living and non-living thing apart.
- Group living things into sub-groups according to their characteristics.
- Give a basic definition of an ecosystem.
- Explain how non-living and living parts of an ecosystem interact.
The Activities can be accessed by clicking on the links below.