Use your common sense!
- Stay out of the laboratory if the
teacher is not there.
- Listen carefully and follow instructions.
- Ask the teacher if it's safe before
trying any experiments of your own.
- Never eat or drink anything in the
laboratory. Look at what happened to Horace
- Walk, don't run.
- Tell the teacher if someone is injured,
or if glass is broken.
- Put broken glass in the glass bin.
- Take care using
- Clear the benches of anything you
don't need before starting an experiment.
- Tie long hair back.
- Clean up when you are finished.
- Place solids in the "waste" beakers.
- Pour liquids down the sink with lots
of running water.
- Wear safety glasses when doing experiments.
- Wash your hands before leaving the